It’s been forever since my last post and it seems whenever I decide to write a blog post this is exactly how I start it. It shows the inconsistency between my posts but believe me it wasn’t by choice. Sometimes we find that the inspiration you once felt disappears and that Is when you should take the time to pull back and review exactly what you'd want your next step to be.
I started working full time and life has been hectic as always but what I’ve come to realise is that I don’t want to give up on this blog, I don’t want it to fail, I don’t want it to become a pain or just another job and I want to find the passion that I once had for writing and doing posts.
This is my official return to the blogosphere and what does this mean? It means that you’ll be seeing regular look posts, videos and just an all-round frequently updated blog. Social media plays a large part in what I do but it’s not my blog, I’ve been neglecting this blog. So, to kick it off I’m starting with this very post, a birthday post (because today’s my birthday!) :D.
Here are 26 things I’ve learnt since turning 26.
1. I’ve learnt that you’ll lose friends along the way and that’s okay, if they’re not meant to be in your life they won’t be.
2. That I probably won’t ever give up McDonalds.
3. I’ve learnt that your family can become some of your best friends.
4. That since moving in with Hishaam, we have even more fun than I would ever imagined (people warned us it would be hard, it’s not).
5. That I’m really concerned with drinking 2 – 3 litres of water a day.
6. I’ve learnt that people will judge you no matter what so always stay true to yourself and stand up for what you believe in.
7. I’ve learnt that even though no.6 is true you also need to be respectful of other people’s beliefs (it’s a two-way street).
8. That people don’t know how to be happy for you but you should always be happy for them.
9. I’ve learnt that you should always jump at the opportunity to try new things.
10. That you shouldn’t air your dirty laundry on social media. One day you hate someone and the next day you don’t, it makes you look stupid.
11. I’ve learnt that it’s important to get to know your work colleagues, I’m lucky that I work with a bunch of cool people.
12. That Dogs can be better than humans, I love them so much.
13. I’ve learnt that KARMA is a real B* and those who do wrong unto others will get what’s coming to them. Let KARMA do her job.
14. I’ve learnt that I love life.
15. I’ve learnt that most people don’t end up working in the field that they studied in and that’s okay because I love what I do. (I’m a social media specialist but I studied law, just in case you didn’t know).
16. I’ve learnt that I have a bunch of amazing friends (you guys know who you are).
17. I’ve learnt that I love driving fast cars even though Hishaam would never give me the opportunity to if we had one. He’d just hog it lol.
18. I’ve learnt that shoes are still my favourite part of an outfit.
19. That I won’t find a better shade of red than Ruby Woo by MAC.
20. That I love photography.
21. That I can’t wait to travel.
22. That music festivals give me life.
23. I’ve learnt that I want to adopt an animal/s or a child one day when I’m ready and able.
24. I’ve learnt that once you get rid of negative energy and people things start falling into place. Therefore, surround yourself with positivity.
25. I’ve learnt that people might think the way I live life isn’t the right way. I believe that there is no right way, you need to live your life for yourself and no one else.
26. Finally, I’ve learnt that being happy and healthy are the most important things and I count myself so lucky because I am genuinely happy every single day.
I really hope you guys loved this post, let me know your thoughts in the comments section below or tell me if there's anything specific you'd like to see.
It’s really great to be back J xo!